Forum Discussion

pewpew
New Contributor
3 years ago

Internet outages

Anyone know why COX is the only internet provider in my area? We’ve had our service drop a lot these past couple months. Something I can’t afford running a business. I’ve been looking around for other providers. COX seems to be the only ones, even though I’m in a manger city and plenty of other companies here

9 Replies

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your internet. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
    Ghosty
    New Contributor

Please keep us posted about finding other providers.  There is a major thread on Nextdoor with THOUSANDS of comments by neighbors who are considering dropping Cox due to these service interruptions and the recent "overage charges" they've been threatening customers.  I previously cut the cord for Cox TV and advised all family members to do the same.  I will NOT hesitate to support the ongoing campaign on Nextdoor for people to move away from Cox if they continue this extortion. 

Shadow2216
    New Contributor

Mine just dropped again and its not a few hours no its 7-8 till they get it up again per their site... id love to know why I'm charged the same for something that works 70% of the time.... that aint right

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Shadow2216

If you're still having an issue feel free to email your full name and address to
      cox.help@cox.com so we can take a look.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator

eren124
    New Contributor

Mine just dropped too and won’t be available for the next 6 hours. Honestly at this rate of disconnections my suggestion would be save up some money and go for a different provider. I’ve been a COX customer for the past 7-8 months and there has been more disconnections than I can count. 

ag_
      New Contributor

Basically haven’t had internet all week with these random outages but I’m still going to get charged through the roof. Definitely would be looking into another provider but I can’t cause Cox is a monopoly in this area.

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Eren124

I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Our normal maintenance window is between midnight and 6 AM. If you continue to have issues once cleared please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com so we can check the signal levels.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator