Forum Discussion

Docroxall
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

MacOS Big Sur and Wifi Drops

Hi folks, Cox GigaBlast subscriber here...and I have an extensive home network, WFH, and I'm a certified Master IT Architect.  I'm having trouble with MacOS Big Sur and dropping wifi with my Panoramic Router.  I'm trying to log directly into my router via: 192.168.0.1 and this never resolves.  I'm trying to see if my default network is 5k and WPA2.  I used to be able to log in to my router and directly check settings.  So my question is: a) do you know of any resolutions to this problem.  It's to the point where I almost can't use my MacBook Pro to do Zoom, Teams, Webex, et al, because in the middle of streaming, the wifi suddenly stops, and then results anywhere from 10-30 secs later. b) how can I login to my router to see the settings there.  I know what NOT to touch there.  But it seems the remote login has been disabled on my Panoramic router.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Doc

• If possible I would start with replacing Cox's equipment and get your own hardware and see how that works first.

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    trev_io
    New Contributor III

If possible I would start with replacing Cox's equipment and get your own hardware and see how that works first.

Docroxall
      New Contributor

Recommendations on gaming/gigabit optimized equipment?

Looking on Amazon...but wanting to get sure with my purchase.

Superbigwaff
        Contributor

Before you drop $$$ on new hardware, you should make sure your Cox internet service isn't having congestion and other issues. New hardware can't fix that.

trev_io
    New Contributor III

Talked to Cox technician manager on saturday about this issue since I have been experiencing this as well as heavy packet loss.  I was told this issue was being experienced accross the country due to the internet infrastructure not being built to handle this much internet usage (due to the pandemic) You essentially have to be lucky to be on a network node that is not oversaturated.  Just goes to show how outdated this country's internet infrastructure is.  If its not a problem with your local hardware its most likely very heavy network saturation on cox's end