Forum Discussion

Mr_V
New Contributor
4 years ago

How to Disable Cox Hotspot

I just got Panaramic WiFi and read in the instructional manual to go to myprofile and privacy settings to turn off Cox Hotspot.  I go to the page and can't find where I can turn off the Cox Hotspot. I don't want to have strangers log into my home network.  I work from home and my company tracks all internet traffic.  

can someone help me turn the hotspot off? 

thank you. 

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi Mr.V,

People are not able to log in on your home network unless you give them your login information.

Here is a link for additional information: www.cox.com/.../cox-hotspots-with-panoramic-wifi.html

If you still need assistance, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Include a link to this thread, and send us a private message with your complete home address, your first/last name and the name of the primary account holder.

Thank you,

Mike J.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator

Bruce
      Honored Contributor III

An enabled Hotspot may not affect your privacy, data usage, bandwidth or WiFi frequency; but it would affect the performance of the hardware within your Panoramic.  Something has to serve the outside requests.  Wouldn't Hotspotters consume your memory, processing and broadcasting resources?

Superbigwaff
        Contributor

I believe the Hotspot is limited to 4-5 client devices... but, as you say, it does use the same radio and associated hardware...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯