Forum Discussion

vinny_s
New Contributor
4 years ago

speed

I AM PAYING FOR 100MBPS AND JUST DID SPEED TEST ON OOKLA AND DOWNLOAD SPEED WAS 2.5 WHAT'S UP WUTH THAT ONE NO SPLITTERS INVOLVED ANDTRIED OTHER PROVIDERS

7 Replies

jamemot
    New Contributor

Same here. I’m not even reaching 1mbps on download speed. I just bought my SB 8200 this month coz I was thinking Im having too much pings and jitters. My connection has improve for a while until it just went down especially after the outage that happened the other day. What’s going on with COX. Makes me want to change ISP. 

MichaelJ
      Jamemot,

Feel free to reach out to our Social Media Team if you need help with internet issues. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. You may also contact our Tech Support online at www.cox.com/.../contactus.html

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator

RPVgrumpy
        New Contributor

I’ve been having same problem since August of 2020. No one at Cox can resolve it. It could be SB8200 modem or Orbi RBR20 router. It’s complicated. Maybe a bad cable. 

Tech verified cable setup is providing a good signal so Cox thinks it’s a router issue  

JAMEMOT:  what router are you using?  

BTW; I’ve been doing a modem reset every day. Quickest way to do that is to sign in to Cox  takes about 5-10 minutes  

• Same thing here.  92672.  Tried rebooting router/modem.  No change.  The speed to Cox’s O.C. server is so pathetic, Ookla is taking me to a server in Canada as being faster.  Paying for 100 m down.  Haven’t got beyond 15mbps tonight.  What’s up Cox?  You know it’s your fault - why no trouble pages on your home page?

Can we get refunds?

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Otterbay

Are your speeds based on being hardwired to the modem. router, or wireless?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator