Forum Discussion

dustinw
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Webmail login in redirect loop

It appears when trying to log into webmail, there is a redirect loop. I'm unable to sign into my account through the website. It's still working using the Gmail app on Android. Jus the web-based client is affected. 

12 Replies

Sparrow
    New Contributor II

Unable to log into webmail.cox.net

Constantly reloads the webpage.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      Cox is performing maintenance on our email platform on January 26, 2021, from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. ET. During this time, you may not be able to access your email or may experience errors while trying to use the service. Please let us know if you're still having an issue once it's been completed.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    newbury
    New Contributor II

Same problem here - cox basically told me to reformat my hardrive and start from there.

rm -r ..

they don't know what's going on

MAW_OK
      New Contributor II

My girl had this problem about a month ago, but then I could log in to her email from my house when she couldn't at her house.  Rebooting her PC that time worked for her.  This time her account can't log in anywhere.  I've tried different browsers, different computers, and even my phone's browser so it wasn't over a Cox network connection.

They've broken something, but only for some accounts.

dandysmandy
        New Contributor II

yeah i did the reboot thing too and it didn't work

newbury
      New Contributor II

Well they fixed it.  One thing that really aggravates me is that the second support person I contacted started out writing they were an expert in email problems then finally admitted they were following a script.

dandysmandy
    New Contributor II

having same issue here in Virginia - clearing cookies, history, changing passwords, different browsers (chrome/edge) on desktop and tried on my smart phone.  Stopped my smart phone from using cox wifi - still stuck in a loop whenever I try to login to email.  I can access my cox account and everything else but not my cox email.  Been on the phone for almost an hour with tech support and is still not resolved.  Tech support doesn't see any maintenance being performed today like it was last Wed. so I'm thinking something is up with the email server.  And side note, the tech rep. hasn't seen this issue before but according to his colleagues there have been other calls in about this issue....so I guess we'll wait and see if anything is done with the escalation of the trouble call ticket to a higher tiered tech.  grrrrr

MAW_OK
      New Contributor II

I would guess they have one device (server/switch/router?) that is ready to die.  If your email account is on or passes thru that device, it can't make it.

dandysmandy
        New Contributor II

just signed into my account and now the following shows (wasn't there an hr ago) and it's only 8:33 pm where I'm at.

Cox is performing maintenance on our email platform on January 26, 2021 from 12:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. ET. During this time, you may not be able to access your email or may experience errors while trying to use the service.

Great....so now i guess us lucky ones may not have email until tomorrrow.  I think you called it - something with a server/switch/router.

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III
    To fix your issue with logging into WebMail, try deleting myemail.cox.net cookies.
    This is the Chrome solution, but other browsers should have available procedures to delete specific cookies.
    Delete myemail.cox.net cookies (only)
    1. On your computer, open Chrome.
    2. At the top right, click the Customize and control Google Chrome icon .
    3. Click Settings.
    4. Click Privacy and security.
    5. Click Cookies and other site data.
    6. Scroll down and click See all cookies and site data.
    7. At the top right, search for myemail.cox.net.
    8. On the right, click Remove myemail.cox.net .
      MAW_OK
      New Contributor II

That didn't work.  I can log in to my email.  I can log into my brother's email.  I can't log into my girlfriend's email.