Forum Discussion

InnocentSoju
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Gaming and warzone/CoD in general packet burst

I've done everything I could. Replaced the modem, gotten a separate router with SQM/QoS capabilities, called a tech out, there have been no answers. I pay $120 on my bill every month for 500mbs and nothing to show for it. It's the most frustrating thing to have around 30-50ms ping but still have lag stutters, packet burst symbol pop up, and faulty hit registration due to speed spikes. Who else is feeling this? I want to back to 150, but its even worst! Can't even play a game due to the heavy lag. Is there a fix? Cause everyone at cox seems to be dismissive and gives no real answers or solutions.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Budrose
    New Contributor II

I don't think its the game you are playing cause I've been having issues for months now. I play a couple of games and the latency is all over the place. I sometimes get a good day of gaming in but most of the time the latency and packet loss is unbearable. I like to play a game Crossout and have contact their and Cox's support with no help.
    US server from So California ping issue
    I put this post on Cossout's forums with links to video's I captured of it happening but seems to be a complete waist of time. It would be nice to get what I pay for. AT&T fiber is starting to look really good about now.

MichaelJ
      Budrose, please email us with your account information, full address, first/last name, and a link to your message. Also, include a traceroute to the game server so we can review it. Email address is cox.help@cox.com

Thank you,

Mike J.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator

Budrose
        New Contributor II

Ok Mr. Michaelj,

I have sent two emails to cox.help and have gone into great detail what the issues are with trace routes and links to a forum post which I have put above. I have gotten no response. I know you are just doing your job but telling me to do something that I have already done twice is not very helpful! We are looking into AT&T fiber in our area and will probably be switching over to that service. More bandwidth up and down for less money. My suggestion is contact your network engineers and tell them to do there jobs. You advertise a service that you are not delivering on. I see a lot of unhappy customers on here, who also don't have the option to switch services. I would rather not have to deal with the hassle of switching service either and up until 4 months ago I sang Cox's praises but no longer. I know the pandemic has increases traffic on the net but Cox needs to rise to the challenge to maintain the service that they promise. Not an unreasonable request!

InnocentSoju
      New Contributor II

Yeah you're probably right. I honestly have been having such a hard time with cox. I'm paying for 500 mbs so I can game with or with out other people in the house using internet as well. at 500 mbs I shouldn't be having these issues. If AT&T Fiber was available for me I would have switched.