Forum Discussion

Viohl2020
New Contributor
4 years ago

Anyone else have issues with the Live Chat agents being able to verify date and time of installation/technician services and taking it upon themselves to reschedule your appointment without your authorization?

I'm livid! I've been waiting a week for a tech to come install a cable outlet for my modem to hook into. I tried to activate my service online tonight like the pamphlet in the box said to do and suddenly my install appointment can't be found. Yet I received an email verifying the date and time charges etc. The chat agent took it upon herself to"reschedule" my appointment without my authorization or prior knowledge. Now I'm being told that it's going to be an additional week before a tech can come to my home. So just like that, I'm still without internet, unable to work!!!!! It certainly didn't take them 2 weeks to take my money for my deposit or mail a modem to me. I specifically asked the woman who set my service up and took my deposit if I would need a tech in my home to install and she flat out said no. Now here we are......

1 Reply

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi@Viohl2020

I understand how important it is for you to have this cable outlet installed. Specific account questions that require the sharing of personal information aren't suited for a public forum. We'd like to help, please email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator