Forum Discussion

RyanHitch
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Outage

I have had an outage for 3 days now. No tv and no internet. And of course i am in quarantine! Is this normal to have an outage this long? 

17 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • @RyanHitch, I recommend sending us an email with your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com so we can look into this ongoing loss of service for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      margot
      New Contributor

I have contacted Cox by chat and phone 4 times since Thursday. The app and the website do not say there is an outage. The agents say there is an outage, but they have no information as there is no outage report that they can find saying what is going on or when service will be restored. I had to pay for a hotspot for work, cannot access any of the services I pay for through other accounts, and most recently, cannot watch the nfl playoffs. This is ridiculous.

smokeygrouse
        New Contributor II

this is getting pretty much normal for COX **!  I've been having sporadic problems for months and can't get any service ....... They should refund customers so they can go elsewhere

margot
    New Contributor

I have contacted by chat and by phone 4 times. No one has any information. This is extremely frustrating.

margot
      New Contributor

The app and the website do not say there is an outage. The agents say there is no outage report that they can find saying what is going on or when service will be restored. I had to pay for a hotspot for work, cannot access any of the services I pay for through other accounts, and most recently, cannot watch the nfl playoffs. This is ridiculus.

RyanHitch
        New Contributor II

Yeah this is horrible. I can't get any word on when this will be fixed

SharonL
      Former Moderator
      Hello Margot,

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your services. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Thank you.

Sharon
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        margot
        New Contributor

I messaged on facebook, as it is now Sunday and no service since Thursday. I have now contacted 3 times through the Cox live chat, twice via phone, this forum, and facebook messenger. I'm still being told that no agents have information, that it is an area outage but they don't know the area. I've asked for someone to be sent out to my house, and was told because it is listed as an area outage, they have people working on it, but have not report about it.

Mr__B
    New Contributor

It is not normal. I have been having the same issue and Cox wants to charge to have a service man to come out. This is insane.

RyanHitch
      New Contributor II

I didn't think so either. I talked to someone for the 10th time and they said there was not an outage now and that everything should be working but I have to wait till Tuesday to have someone come out and take a look. Don't understand

BenS1
      Former Moderator
      Hi @ Mr. B,

If the technician finds problems on our side or with any of our equipment, no charges are levied. When the technician finds that the problem is with your equipment or inside of your home then there would be a charge for the visit. Only the technician can determine if a fee is waived due to an issue caused by Cox equipment or signal delivery.

Ben S.
      Cox Support Forums Moderator
        RyanHitch
        New Contributor II

I guess I'm just confused. I was told that I had an outage by many people and now I'm told I should have internet and that I don't have an outage. Either way it's been 4 days and no update on what it really is.