Forum Discussion

JCCC
New Contributor
4 years ago

Package loss with Ethernet

Hi,

Recently I experienced a heavy package loss when in-game. This issue has been over one month. I has the Gigablast plan and always have a wired Ethernet with my PC. I dont know if there is any issue between League of Legends server and Cox. Can anyone help? I will attach the Tracert to league of legends here.

Tracing route to 192.64.170.1 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 7 ms 7 ms 15 ms 10.8.0.1
3 8 ms 7 ms 8 ms 100.120.105.126
4 * * * Request timed out.
5 * * * Request timed out.
6 * * * Request timed out.
7 * * * Request timed out.
8 * * * Request timed out.
9 * * * Request timed out.
10 * * * Request timed out.
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 * * * Request timed out.
13 * * * Request timed out.
14 * * * Request timed out.
15 * * * Request timed out.
16 * * * Request timed out.
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.

8 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JCCC
    New Contributor

My area is Goleta, CA, 93117. Please help.

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

On gigabit plans, I don't believe Cox continues the ping utility outside of their exterior routers.  I forget the name of the service...I could look it up...but you should have still received a reply from Riot.

Tracert or pingpath work?

JCCC
      New Contributor

Riot will always send the link they post on their website which i tried a few times. I do not know what to do here. I believe there is something wrong with the server and ISP but they cannot tell me anything... Only thing Cox can tell me is to reboot reboot reboot.....

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Did you create 2 posts about this?  Is there a LoL forum?

Ping just means connectivity.  No connectivity could be anything.  If routers are at high ops, routers can ignore ping requests.  It appears we can ping to a Cox edge router but from there, it's lost.  It doesn't mean Cox isn't sending it.  It just means the next hop didn't receive it.

I'm sure another player must have commented on this on a LoL forum.

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @JCCC

Based on the 192 IP address appears you're hardwired to a router or gateway. If router please try bypassing it and hardwire directly to the modem and run a traceroute. Also, reboot the modem after bypassing the router.

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      JCCC
      New Contributor

Hi,

I reboot everyday but nothing changes. Can you check for me if there is any internet issue around my area? Also any issue between Cox and League of legends server? Thank you

BenS1
        Former Moderator
        @JCCC,

There are no known issues between Cox and Leauge of Legends server. I took a look at the network in your area and there are no open network tickets. I have run a ping test on your modem and I get 0% packet loss. All of your signals look good as well. You have no timeouts and no resets on your modem. Are you able to do a Ping Plot to the game server and post the screenshot?

Ben S.
        Cox Support Forums Moderator