Forum Discussion

scoomas
New Contributor II
4 years ago

Another packet loss and ping spike issue

Does this seem like an oversaturated node issue? Im in Norfolk, VA where Cox has zero competition and for the past month my internet has been trash. I pay for cox gigablast and the speed tests are fine, but that means absolutely nothing when youre constantly disconnected from games due to packet loss and ping spikes in the 200-400ms range, on a hardwired PC no less.

15 Replies

BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @Scoomas,

Thank you for that screenshot. We want you to get the speeds that you pay for. I took a look at the network in your area and there were some network issues that were resolved on 1/13 at 3 AM. If you are still having issues, I would recommend getting a technician out to investigate these issues. You can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
      scoomas
      New Contributor II

A technician came out before and told me that exact same thing. Im willing to bet the node for my neighborhood is way over saturated. 

Allan
        @Scoomas, I recommend having the tech come out and take a look. Please send us the requested email to cox.help@cox.com and we will assist in scheduling the appointment for you. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    darkbridge
    New Contributor

I live in Newport News, VA and I'm having similar issues into the evening. I used to be able to play Rocket League at all hours of the day with zero problems, but for the past couple of weeks it's unplayable in the evening.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Darkbridge

Are you only having this issue playing Rocket League and are you hard wired to the modem, router, or wireless?

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        darkbridge
        New Contributor

Hi jonathanj,

This is the main game I have been playing lately, but I noticed issues with Heroes of the Storm as well, another MOBA that my friends and I are playing. I will try again tonight and see if I have similar problems. Things were fine this morning, my problem is always present in the evening.