Forum Discussion

DLDinLV
New Contributor
4 years ago

Frequent WiFi disconnects/Panoramic

Been using Cox for years; I have GigaBlast and Panoramic modem (have used Panoramic for around 3 years). Recently (past couple of weeks) I've been having issues with devices randomly losing WiFi connectivity and the devices will eventually reconnect after 5-10 minutes. It seems like most of the issues have been with Apple devices (Mac, iPhones, IPads). None of these devices have had issues in the past. I have a strong WiFi signal and also have 1st gen Pods in the house (I've also tried removing the Pods - no difference). All of the Apple devices are using the latest OS versions. I can be sitting in the same room as a TV that is streaming over WiFi and I'm not getting any buffering while streaming. 

I use 2 PCs for WFH but they are connected to the Panoramic router via Ethernet; they do not lose connectivity so it's not that I am losing connectivity to Cox; I'm losing connectivity to the Panoramic Wifi. I'm not sure if this is a new Apple issue (haven't heard or seen anything suggesting that) or if maybe the Wifi in the Panoramic modem is acting up. I thought I saw that there was a "newer" Panoramic modem now available from Cox; wondering if I should try getting ahold of it to see if it resolves the issue.

1 Reply

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    BenS1
    Former Moderator
    Hi @DLDinLV,

It sounds like you have the DOCSIS 3.0 version of the Panoramic Modem, there is a newer DOCSIS 3.1 version. If you are not losing your ethernet connection but dropping wifi, you may want to swap it out for the DOCSIS 3.1 Panoramic Wifi modem. You can do that at any Cox Solution Store or you can email us at cox.help@cox.com with your full name and address.

Ben S.
    Cox Support Forums Moderator