Forum Discussion

RH5AR75ZFZdPggw
New Contributor
4 years ago

Why does Cox internet go off every day?

Cox internet used to be reliable; however, now every day, usually after midnight the connection drops for anywhere from 1 to 6 hours. sometimes twice in on day. This is not limited to overnight periods, sometimes it will drop in the middle of the day.

This is making it impossible to accomplish anything useful online

8 Replies

• Because Cox has become trash. It’s been this way for God knows how long now and it’s infuriating. Today I’ve had a total of 6 hours of outages during the business day and now it’s out again at the recurring 12:30am timeframe. Increasing number of Significant (2+ hr) rolling outages for last several months; The last month has been the worst experience I’ve ever had with an ISP.

CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello, this appears as if you may need someone to look into your account. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Crystal
    SSS5000
    New Contributor

The same situation on my end and Cox's Customer Service has been utterly useless, to say the least. In addition to my own experiences, I have noticed a common theme amongst the comments seen within these forum threads. 

Going steady from August 2020 - today (12/28/2020), there have been consistent outages with both cable and internet services. It most certainly has NOT been restricted to the "Internet Rush Hour" times as depicted on Cox's website and will intermittently connect/disconnect throughout various periods of the day. 

We pay for the highest quality package that Cox provides AND have the WiFi Pods that are so highly "recommended" (*ahem* upsold). 

Praying that either someone useful from Cox actually reads your thread to answer your inquiry / respond to this comment because as of 2021, we are switching providers.  It is unacce[table to be charged the prices we are only for Cox to provide us with no - or - mediocre answers at best. 

SSS5000
    New Contributor

The same situation on my end and Cox's Customer Service has been utterly useless, to say the least. In addition to my own experiences, I have noticed a common theme amongst the comments seen within these forum threads. 

Going steady from August 2020 - today (12/28/2020), there have been consistent outages with both cable and internet services. It most certainly has NOT been restricted to the "Internet Rush Hour" times as depicted on Cox's website and will intermittently connect/disconnect throughout various periods of the day. 

We pay for the highest quality package that Cox provides AND have the WiFi Pods that are so highly "recommended" (*ahem* upsold). 

Praying that either someone useful from Cox actually reads your thread to answer your inquiry / respond to this comment because as of 2021, we are switching providers.  It is unacce[table to be charged the prices we are only for Cox to provide us with no - or - mediocre answers at best. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @SSS5000

We like to take a closer look at the modem's performance levels please email your full name and address to cox.help@cox.com. Also, include a link to this thread.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
    Zokar
    New Contributor

Same exact experience... Super frustrating!!

OGEUC
      New Contributor

Our whole neighborhood is out on a daily basis and all of us have had a tech come out in the past 2 months with no improvement.  Cox is doing nothing for us and constantly uses several BS answers to explain why the service is out.  The support is awful and they won't admit it's a neighborhood problem.

Allan
        Hello, I recommend sending us an email with your full name, address, and a brief description of the issue to cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.