Forum Discussion

AndrewAB
New Contributor
4 years ago

Internet goes out same times every day.

Let's say I manually reset the modem at 5:23pm. Until the next reset or power outage, the modem will lose connection/reset every day at 5:23am, and 5:23pm. My roommate is a teacher working from home due to covid. This is really messing with his online zoom classes. Any ideas? Thanks 🙂

8 Replies

Spudwiggley
    New Contributor II

I have this same issue. It has been happening for a while. I reset the modem by unplugging and plugging it back in after about 30 second. (There is no reset button on the back of this particular modem.) I have also reset the modem using the Cox online utility. Every device, including voice, drops from 11:49am to about 11:55am and again 12 hours later at 11:49pm to 11:55pm. This is a Cisco DPQ3212 modem. I think I'll take it into the Cox store. 

AndrewAB
      New Contributor

Yeah that's the same modem and issue I have. 

• Hello Andrew,

By manually reset, do you mean you are unplugging the power to the back of the modem or have you held the reset button down on the back of the modem for 12 seconds? If holding the reset button on the back of the modem hasn't corrected the issue, then the modem may need to be swapped out.

Dustin
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
      AndrewAB
      New Contributor

No, I have just removed power and battery in the past. I just did the factory reset, hopefully that fixes the issue. See you in 24 hours.

StephanieS
        AndrewAB

Please reach back out here if this problem continues. I just took a look at your modem and everything looks good.

StephanieS
        Cox Forums Support Moderator