Forum Discussion

david_samuelson
New Contributor
4 years ago

unable to access e-mail

For 2 weeks I have been unable to access my Cox e-mail, despite 20 hours of communication with Cox I keep getting a notice that I've been "timed out" thoiught I have not been able to enter. They say they have seen this problem before but nobody can fix it.  I have worked with Customer Support, Copmlete Care, and CustomerEscalation, where they marked my ticket "solved" because they could get into my account, but I can't.  After 3 hours today erasing possible blocks on 3 browsers  (Chrome, Edge, Firefox) Mark at CutomerEscalation suggested I go back to Complete Care.  My suspicion is that the problem is at the Cox site, though they don't want to admit it. 

9 Replies

CurtB
    Valued Contributor III

You've probably tried this already, but just in case...

Using Chrome:

Delete "myemail.cox.net" cookies.

From the Cox Webmail page, click the "View site information" icon. (lock in upper left of the screen just left of the Omnibox)

Click "Site settings"

"Usage" may display "No usage data" initially.  Wait for the number of cookies to display (may take 30-60 seconds).  Then click "Clear data" to delete only "myemail.cox.net" cookies. 

Check for bad extensions

At the top right, click   More tools  Extensions  to eliminate other variables while testing each enabled extension.

How do you try to access Cox Webmail?  Is it a link from a Cox website or a shortcut?

david_samuelson
      New Contributor

At the advice of a Cox tech I did in fact delete all cookies today (for the third time in 2 weeks) from alll 3 browsers.  Thanks anyway.

CurtB
        Valued Contributor III

I figured that, but the process I described is website specific so it's less intrusive than what Cox always recommends.  Since you're unable to access Cox Webmail with any browser, it's probably not an extension either.  But, with the amount of time you've already spent, it wouldn't hurt to check that too.  What about the website link or shortcut? 

bearone2
    Contributor III

cox can both access the account + send temp password!

bear in mind the pw needs to be changed on all devices that access cox mail or pinging old pw looks like intrusion!!

david_samuelson
      New Contributor

Sorry to be dense but I don't know to what you are referring.  I'm not sure what may be accessing cox mail or pinging old pws.  Does "looks like intrusion" mean I may have been hacked?

ChrisL
        Former Moderator
        Are you getting any specific error message when you try to sign in?

-Chris