Read the forum guidelines
Currently, I am subscribed to Cox Gigablast, am located in VA, and have a SB8200 modem and NETGEAR Nighthawk XR500 router. I am still getting consistent lag whenever I play online games despite using all the QoS features in my router. Has anyone and this issue and been able to correct it? I have high priority traffic, bandwidth allocation, a geo filter, and anti-bufferbloat features and still get consistent lag every day of the week. I appreciate everyone's help in advance! Let me know if you guys need any more data that I am seeing!
P.S. Due to having my own router/modem, all of my cable boxes are hard wired. This rules out streaming while gaming being a potential issue (which shouldn't even happen with Gigablast in the first place). Also, I would like to note I have had 3 separate service visits and every tech told me the lines/switches on my block were healthy and not causing any interference.
Did you unplug both the modem and router and then, plug the ethernet in the modem and wait around 30 seconds before turning the modem back on?
I'll try this out and let you know tomorrow!
Did you reboot the modem after connecting it to the PS4?
Didn't work. Here's what I did:
1. Full power off of modem, router, and ps4.
2. Switched Ethernet from router to modem. Waited 5 mins.
3. Powered on modem. Verified all status lights normal.
4. Powered on router. Verified all status lights normal.
5. Powered on ps4 and conducted connection test. "Cannot obtain IP address within the time limit. (CE-33984-7)"