Forum Discussion

John_SD
New Contributor III
4 years ago

Email capacity limits

I am receiving cox emails informing me my email capacity is 90 percent full. I have deleted hundreds of old emails but still get warnings. If I move the emails to an Archive folder, will it help resolve the problem?

5 Replies

JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @email capacity

Have you also deleted the trash bin?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
    yak
    Contributor III

When I got this message, I called Cox.  they told me to go to webmail and delete everything there.  but the new system is supposed to delete the webmail as soon as I delete the email from my desktop.  so I wonder if the message you are receiving is spam?  if you click the down arrow to the right of the sender's name, it will tell you who really sent it.

One website had a contest to see who had the most emails in their inbox.  the winner had 17,000 undeleted emails in his inbox. 2nd place had 16,000.  a few days later, they learned that one person had 42,000.  all 3 users said that they used the Search feature to find the emails they wanted and never had any trouble navigating their inbox.

John_SD
      New Contributor III

No, the message isn't spam. It's legit. 

bearone2
      Contributor III

every day i check webmail for spam, that isn't spam + my wifi when i come to the forum.

deleting from your desktop is only for that machine.

when i close-out 2016 outlook, it only deletes the deleted folder by my choice..