Forum Discussion

RDB_LA
New Contributor
4 years ago

Days and days of "there is currently an outage"

For 7-10 days now my service has been sporadic at best, non-existent for most of the time. Gradually worsening so that today the modem, that fine useless overpriced Panoramic device you push onto everybody, spends more time reconnecting than it does providing me  with service.

Each time I get a connection and reopen the Cox app it will tell me there's an outage. Each time it reconnects, the estimated repair time gets pushed back making me really think this time is merely fictional in the first place. I've yet to see a Cox truck anywhere close to where the main boxes are in my location.

The service line to my house was ran new 2 years ago. The interior line was run by you at the same time. There's only one splitter on the line installed by you right where the service comes in to split between the tv and modem. The modem is less than 2 ft from that point.

Until today it was merely internet / phone that would go out. Today it's even tv. Clearly there is something wrong somewhere. Exactly what does it take for Cox to provide the service that I pay you over $225 a month for and about to go up? You are really quick to almost daily spam my email with notifications that I can now get Gigabit service. Why would anyone pay for that when you can't even consistently provide me with the Classic 300?

Getting support is impossible. My internet doesn't stay connected long enough to open a live chat. My phone doesn't stay connected long enough to even call support.

3 Replies

• @RDB_LA, I do not see any area wide outages in your immediate vicinity at this time and your equipment is up and running. However, your modem is reporting a high amount of time out errors. Is it possible to try and temporarily bypass the splitter to see if there is any change? Also, are there any signal amps on the line going to the equipment? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      spitts
      New Contributor

I am having the EXACT problems. When talking to a customer rep, they stated that there were outings in my area and she couldn't do anything on her end or it would mess up my whole system. I've been without more than with since being forced to "upgrade to Contour". I sure hope my overpriced bill will reflect all my time without cable/internet. Cox has certainly put its customers in a headlock: must have to use anything, next they will add our electricity to the internet and we will be without electricity on the regular.

LisaH
        Hi Spitts. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator