This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Horrible customer service experience

Just got off the phone with a cox representative to talk about how to schedule a transfer of our service. First off, she lied to me. She was clearly sitting outside somewhere because it sounded like she was right next to a road with cars going by and horns honking. I said, “are you outside? Because it’s hard to hear you over the traffic” and she said, “that’s weird, it must be a video in the background.” No, I’m sorry, that was no video, she was sitting outside. I lost all confidence right then. Plus it sounded like she was in a barrel.

Then, she wouldn’t pull up our current account to tell me the package we are currently on so that i could set up the same service at the new house. I had to sign in and look it up for her. What?? I said, well, we are on “ultimate 500” and she said, “I can’t get you that speed at that house, but I can get you 100 up/down, which is the fastest we have, and it’s only $69”. I said, “ummm, it’s obviously not the fastest because we have 500 up/down for $116 and I need that for the remote work I do and for the video gaming and movies we watch and the number of people using internet at the same time”. She said, “I’m sorry, but I can’t get you that there, but I’ll set you up with the 100”. I said, “you know what? I’ll call back”

So, I found online while signed in where you CAN transfer your existing service to a new location and I can do it myself. It also told me that our current package IS available at the new location. She didn’t know what she was talking about.

I guess i'll handle this on my own instead of calling in. 

Parents
No Data
  • Cdh85710,

I am sorry to hear that you had this experience. This seems like a really odd conversation as we offer Giglast service (1 Gbps down and 35 Mbps -1 Gbps up) in all markets. I am glad you found the option to transfer the service online. www.cox.com/residential/support/move-or-transfer-your-cox-services.html I am concerned that the number you dialed may not have been directly to Cox. I do not see that your account has been accessed recently. The phone number to our Transfer service is 1-800-458-7154, Monday - Friday, 8 am - 6 pm and Saturday, 9 am - 6 pm.

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

Tiffany R.
    Cox Support Forum Moderator
Children
No Data