Read the forum guidelines
I started service 2 weeks ago when we moved into my new house in an Omaha suburb. Previous owner had Cox (looked like a business modem, but was ~12 years old).
I'm paying for 500Mb package but we rarely get that. I activated service over the phone and installed my own Arris SB8200 (bought just for Docsis 3.1 for this new package, my old modem was Docsis 3.0) directly on the main line, after removing all the splitters inside because I don't use cable TV. It activated fine, the tech I spoke to on the phone didn't see issues and a quick speed test showed speeds close enough to 500, so I connected a router I bought a year ago (Netgear Nighthawk AC2300) and updated the SSID/password and started connecting my devices to wifi.
Over the next few days, we had intermittent disconnects but didn't notice them much because we were moving furniture and setting things up in the new house. When I started working from home with my laptop, I noticed severe disconnects during Zoom calls but streaming video on TV was fine (later found out it was buffering far enough ahead to continue through the outage, most of them last 3 minutes or less).
Fast forward to this week, we're getting ~8 disconnects per day ranging from 2-7 minutes long, some as often as 15 minutes apart. I see 32 channels on my modem status page, plus channel 159. Channel 159 has millions of correctable errors (which I understand is not a problem) but Channel 22 has hundreds of thousands of uncorrectables per day. I'm also seeing DRW errors in my modem's log and sometimes sync errors, some of them coincide with the outages but sometimes do not. Speed tests via the router firmware have also dropped a great deal, yesterday as I investigated, speedtest.net showed download speed of 150Mbps, far lower than the 400+ I was seeing at activation time.
Ping and jitter consistently test much lower than my previous service in another city, but the inconsistency caused by these disconnections has made the overall performance much worse. I have called Cox about this twice and text-messaged Support, but they throw their hands up and say it has to be my equipment because "everything has green checkmarks except OFBM status" and when I ask to be escalated to someone who can look at my logs or status with me, they try to sell me Complete Care or convince me to pay to send a tech out (who will likely throw hands in the air too and want me to pay for something that's not my fault).
What else can I do? Is there a secret to getting help and resolution from Cox? I may have just gotten bad level 1 agents but I'm not getting the service I'm paying for.
Update: Cox contacted me after I reached out on firstname.lastname@example.org as suggested.
After reviewing my logs and account information, they determined there is a known escalated issue in my area that they hope to have resolved "soon." I asked if reducing my Internet package to one that uses Docsis 3.0 to avoid noisy channels would help and I was told "no." I have continued to troubleshoot router connectivity to verify the issue is not on my end, and it is not.
Still no resolution; the frequent disconnects, DRW window violations and uncorrectables on one channel are still causing 10+ disconnects per day, some 1-2 minutes but one today (in the middle of an important Zoom call for work) was just over 10 minutes long.