Forum Discussion

Alt_Avatar
New Contributor
4 years ago

Data usage cap popup

Hello all - I would like to know why I pay for my internet and my data usage went over the cap.  I received an email from COX stating this, which is fine.  However, my mom who is living with me and is not on my account, while she is surfing the internet on her netbook, she received a popup on her computer that was addressed to me and stated the same thing about my data usage cap.  The popup is not one that you can close.  It covers a third of her screen.  Why is she getting this popup on her netbook and it gives my name and my internet data plan account information.  She doesn't sign into COX, she doesn't have my account information, she was on her doctor's website and all of a sudden, this popup came up.  WHY?

David

3 Replies

SharonL
    Former Moderator
    Hello,

The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to investigate your account personally. We would be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started.

Sharon
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

bearone2
    Contributor III

she doesn't have to be on your account to use wifi, stills counts as usage!