Forum Discussion

Mr__L
New Contributor
4 years ago

Getting 7 Mbps, it's supposed to be 900 Mbps. It kept disconnecting. Can't get ahold of a Cox representative.

I was talking to a chat representative, she sent a signal that tests the internet then it got disconnected for 1 min. I waited for the chat to come back, but it didn't. I reconnected, waited 1 1/2 hours, nothing. I called, waited 10 mins. with the music, it rang then it became a busy tone. I tried the text support, but it's late and I'm tired of waiting.

I have 7 Mbps internet download speed but I'm supposed to be getting 900 Mbps with panoramic wi-fi according to a previous representative I called before. She said they needed to send a technician since there's packet loss and old coaxial cable, I declined since there's a pandemic. Sometimes, the internet disconnects after midnight. A few days ago, it was gone for 2 hours. This is unacceptable. I was gonna ask for the data cap to stay unlimited to make up for it, but I can't get ahold of someone. What time are they open until? I don't know what to do. Please help.

7 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

Have you ever measured 900 Mbps from your house?

Mr__L
      New Contributor

Yes. But it's often around 7 Mbps to 18 Mbps. Now it's 784 Mbps.

Mr__L
    New Contributor

I finally got ahold of a Cox operator on the phone & a Cox technician texted me at 1:30 a.m. I can't believe I have to pay $10 x 3 months for the technician to fix it from outside the house or it'll be $75. I'm not getting the fastest speed that I paid for and it disconnects sometimes, it should be free to fix. Oh well. Thanks for your help.

GZRGaMeR
      New Contributor II

Cox is selling what they can't deliver. They're stealing from us. And when they get caught, they impose a repair fee in which they steal even more. Then, they make it extremely inconvenient to get in touch with customer support; and when you do get them, all you are told is to reboot everything.

Chichi
    New Contributor

I am having continuous problems with the internet. We also have panoramic but the signal is constantly disconnecting. Has happened the last two days and my kids have homework and zoom meetings. I need a reliable service. Does anyone have any suggestions.

Millas7
      New Contributor

Same here.  Repair tech is scheduled this saturday.. if that doesn't work might switch services if available in my area

Mr__L
        New Contributor

Me too. But it's intermittent. Like 0-3 times per week it disconnects after midnight. That's not good for online games and live streaming. I don't know of another internet service here. We've been with Cox for a long time.

The Cox technician just finished repairing or checking something outside. He said there's nothing wrong with my router & wires inside, it's outside. They'll send another technician to get it fixed tomorrow.