Forum Discussion

andrew-kimberli
New Contributor
4 years ago

Not getting Internet signal To modem

They had an upgrade in my area Thursday 7/30 & I’m still not getting a signal to my modem. I’ve contact support multiple times & they keep blaming it on my router. I contacted Motorola they said nothing wrong. I bout a netgear still no signal after it was activated & ended up with a number to call netgear. I called netgear & there just as confused as I am. Nothing wrong with the router. Modem just isn’t getting a signal. Who can I escalate this too. I’m down & COVID is requiring me to work from home so I need service 

7 Replies

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    Unfortunately it sounds like you may need to have a technician come out to check for a signal problem. Feel free to email us at cox.help@cox.com and we'll be happy to assist further.

-Chris
    WDVaranese
    New Contributor

I woke up yesterday to the same problem.  I need my router working so I have access to my printer and IP phone for Work-at-Home.  I have NetGear AC2600 router that has been working with no issue since November '19.  Cox won't answer the phone for support, Chat is not available and I'm not sure my Cox email is working either.  Cox Modem won't talk to my router, wireless and direct connect to LAN ports work fine.

WDVaranese
      New Contributor

Update: Cox responded to my eMail but abdicated any responsibility since I am able to get to the internet through wireless and the direct connect ports on the Cox modem.  I found that my router had lost the internet setup parameters so I reset to auto everything and now have steady internet connection.  But now, my router is dropping connection on the LAN side.  A power cycle fixes that but only lasts several hours.  Still working on it.

quixotictif
    New Contributor

I suffered the same problem...they offered to fix it for $75 one time fee for a technician to come look and a possible extra $10 fee a month for continued tech help. Best solution: find internet elsewhere if it is at all possible. 

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

I agree with Mouth.  Start troubleshooting at the modem first and after confirming it gets a signal, move onto the router.

First, direct wire a device to the WAN port of the modem and open a browser.  You may need to disconnect router from modem and reboot the modem before direct connecting device.

Hazendeuce
    New Contributor

Thanks for the replies here so far.

I started experiencing this problem last night in the middle of gaming, was unable to reconnect after resetting the router & modem but I will try again.

Haven't tried direct connecting yet.

Allan
      @Hazendeuce, Your modem is currently up and running with a good signal. What happens when you try to access the internet? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.