Forum Discussion

DLiu
New Contributor
4 years ago

internet not available in the afternoon (Phoenix)

My internet is not available or very slow in the afternoon and early evening.  I contacted COX multiple time and the problem is still there.  Any solution?  I already bought a new Cable modem (from COX list) and a new router.

6 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    bearone2
    Contributor III

prime time!

what area, i'm nw phoenix with cox panoramic unit & not having the issue?

• Hi DLiu. Once you get the new modem and router set up and test it, if you continue to have issues, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp via DM, visit us on Facebook via private message, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      DLiu
      New Contributor

Problem is still there and getting worse.  Finally they will send someone to check the line soon.

Allan
        @DLiu, I am sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. Please let us know if the issue continues after the tech visit. Thanks. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    jcarothers
    New Contributor

DLiu 

I am having the same issue in phoenix/gilbert for 6 months now. It doesn't completely shut down but speeds go down dial-up speeds.

DLiu
      New Contributor

My problem is finally resolved.  My problem started July 2.  I had numerous calls/texts to COX and at their suggest, bought two new cable modems and one router.  The second modem is COX panoramic modem.  Cox sent repairman twice.  The second repair man asked me to disconnect the amplifier (I only knew this box connecting input signal, plugged into AC and output to modem) initially installed by COX when they changed system.  Now may download speed is alway more than 140 Mbps using COX internet speed test, never being so far before.  Now I just hope that COX will give us some discount for our loss of internet use, not to mention the anguish and frustration that my family suffered.