Forum Discussion

abaker1992
New Contributor II
4 years ago

I've had an intermittent issue since the beginning of December.

I've had an intermittent issue since the beginning of December. In December, something was entirely busted and had to have a technician come out and fix it. My net was down entirely when it happened, but ever since the fix my internet has not been stable. I got Cox's most recent cox panoramic WiFi modem a few months ago(This thing comes with less configuration options than my Net-gear modem which I asked about and not even support knew. Couldn't even tell me if this thing had QoS or anything else). My old modem wasn't the issue. I have a new PC and that also isn't the issue. My internet lag spikes consistently. Even when I'm doing absolutely nothing. Even when I am the only one on the modem. The modem is directly connected to the wall just like my old one was and my PC is directly connected with an Ethernet cable. If you want me to ping plotter (or something else) for a period of time, I can. There sometimes is packet loss and sometimes there isn't, but the ping response time can REALLY(500ms+) get up there. Yes I've done simple things like, resetting the modem. Unplugging it for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Making sure I'm the only one connected. The works. The connection isn't stable and I didn't want to do this, but this has been going on since before Covid-19 began and hoped this would straight out after a period of time back in December, but it never did. Others are convinced it's the entire block in this neighborhood that's scuffed, but that's kind of hard to get people to move to fix.

2 Replies

Coxisgarbage
    New Contributor III

Cox probably oversold your node(they did in my neighborhood). The only way to solve this is for them to split the node, but good luck with that - my neighborhood has been over 80% saturation since SEPTEMBER, and they PLAN to split it in august-you other option is to file a complaint with the FCC and then switch to century link.

• The signal overall looks pretty good to your modem, except for a few of the downstream channels could be a bit better and I do see some recent timeout errors. We may need to have a technician back out to investigate. If you would like to setup an appointment with us you can email us at cox.help@cox.com with a link to this thread and your home address.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator