Forum Discussion

pinguino79
New Contributor
4 years ago

2.4 ghz signal is not detected by any device.

I have a Cox dual-band router (brand new), but only the 5 ghz (5G) signal is detectable.  None of my devices detects the 2.4 ghz spectrum signal -- it does not show up in the list of available networks.  I have two devices (a laptop and a Roku) that are not 5G compatible, so I need to use the 2.4 ghz signal with those.  On the router, the lights flash for both.  Rebooted both the router and the Roku multiple times, but that did not solve the problem.  The representative on the Cox website "Chat" had no other ideas.

3 Replies

• Hey, I also had this issue. Call 800-234-3993 for 24/7 tech support. A small batch of modems had the 2.4 GHz disabled at the factory. This may be whats happening and they may be able to help. Good luck!

pinguino79
      New Contributor

Thanks.  You were right -- someone had to guide me to connect to a page where I could change some of the controls on the router/modem and enable the 2.4 ghz signal.

• Hey, I also had this issue. Call 800-234-3993 for 24/7 tech support. A small batch of modems had the 2.4 GHz disabled at the factory. This may be whats happening and they may be able to help. Good luck!