Forum Discussion

ItsJustRuss
New Contributor
4 years ago

Strange new screen when trying to access COX webmail regardless of device type

Wow! Today when I try accessing my email on desktop or mobile device, I get a splash screen that says 'Welcome to CCI-RES, R!' And asks for a password. I have not done that. --- Also the web address is now: https://www.cox.com/content/dam/cox/okta/webmail.htm

Is this legit? Are we infected? (But multiple scanners show nothing.)

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    dxd
    New Contributor II

I had the same screen for a moment,  clicked the back arrow on my browser thinking I had accidentally clicked something.  It then logged me on to view my webmail.  I tried to signout using the icon on the webmail toolbar,  but it just keeps reloading the page.  I had to close out of the browser completely,  Opened up browser again,  clicked my bookmark for Webmail,  logged in like normal,  but it still won't let me sign out.

ItsJustRuss
      New Contributor

Thanks for sharing your situation. - So it sounds like we both are lacking a solution as to if COX put this out or if its some malware or... ?

BrianM
      This is part of the recent maintenance to the mail platform, not malware. It was likely asking you to update your secret question/answer if it was not completed and/or incomplete as a security measure. There were a couple issues that needed to be corrected related to logging in after the maintenance, but everything should be working properly now.

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Andrew_Wees
        Contributor III

Brain will the cox forum and support tabs return to the email login page?