Forum Discussion

RKNG
New Contributor
4 years ago

PS4 Share Play stopped working a year ago, trying to fix it

Hello,

About a year ago my PS4's ability to use Share Play stopped working for no explained reason.  I have tried almost every solution for this issue I could find on this forum and others, but have had zero luck.  I bought a new modem, I forwarded ports, I bought new ethernet cables, no fix.  I am going to try port triggering instead of port forwarding the next time I get a chance. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, this service used to work and I just want to get it back.    

2 Replies

RKNG
    New Contributor

I am currently using an ASUS CM-16 Modem with a Nighthawk R6700v2 Router, before this modem I was using the Netgear CM500v.  Both modems have given me the same results.  I installed the ASUS Modem two days ago in the hopes that it would help with this issue.  

I have tried connecting the PS4 directly to both modems and the result has been the same.

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello RKing,

That doesn't sound fun. Unfortunately, that is outside the scope of our support. I would suggest contacting Sony. We also have a subscription-based advanced technical support service call Cox Complete Care. They cover whenever you need a service appointment so that there is no charge. It covers interior wiring, personal devices, networking, virus cleaning, and a whole lot more. I have included the link for your research. The service is only $10 a month and has a 3-month requirement. www.cox.com/.../completecare.html

Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator