Forum Discussion

jjc081499
New Contributor
4 years ago

CGM4141 Lights Question

I was curious regarding the light pattern on the back of my CGM4141. I do have the 2 ethernet ports plugged into a few wall jacks. Both ports have green lights (light on the left) that are blinking at the same rate/time. Additionally, there is a light above the coax that blinks white at the same rate/time. I have Gigablast service as well as Homelife. I am not familiar with this equipment, but most of the switches I deal with at work has the light on the left of the ethernet port light up solid green when plugged into (the link light) and a randomly blinking orange light (the activity light). Just trying to figure out if the light pattern I am seeing is normal.

2 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    CrystalS
    Former Moderator
    Hello, it is important to be informed of what the lights mean and any meaning to the light blinking patterns. Please allow me to explain what all the lights mean on the modem.
    -The single white LED on top of the modem will illuminate continuously when the modem is successfully registered on the network, is online and fully operational.
    The LED on top:
    -Black-the device is off, in Power Save mode or has no power
    -Solid Amber-Initial power up and boot
    -Flashing Amber-Downstream-Registration
    -Flashing Green-Upstream-Registration
    -Solid Red-Error- Offline
    -Flashing Blue-WPS-WPS Mode
    -Amber and Green Flashes-Firmware Download-Download in progress

The LED on top of the coaxial connection:
    -Solid White-MoCA is enabled-Only used when the modem is being used to deliver TV services.
    -Off-MoCA is not enabled-Not needed due to no TV services
    -Blinking White-Seeking MoCA network connection

Crystal S. Cox Support Forum Moderator

bearone2
    Contributor III

does the unit work as advertised?

i have the same unit & the only light you need to see is the on the lower right side as it runs thru re-boot or activation process.