Forum Discussion

seewaage
New Contributor
4 years ago

Random Internet Connection Dropping

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as this closed post https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/23412/random-internet-connection-drops/90621#90621

My internet drops for a few seconds and then turns back on.

I called IT help and they said there is nothing they notice. I got a new router, didn't fix the problem.

Is this a Cox network thing? It doesn't seem like it is my equipment and the tech support doesn't know anything about this.

It's a drag because I'm working from home and it closes my VPN and drops me off of the calls.

Thanks

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Coxisgarbage
    New Contributor III

File a complaint with the FCC, if enough people do this we can hopefully get resolution. 

• Hi Seewaage. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox Cable, Telephone, and High-Speed Internet services with other customers. This appears as if you may need someone to look into your account personally. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    socal_doc
    New Contributor

I am Irvine, CA and for the last 2-3 days have also experienced internet outages. Randomly throughout the day the internet will go out for about 5 minutes. My devices show they are still connected to my wifi network, there is just no internet. The internet comes back on its own. I called Cox and they said there were no outages in my area, but I think it's a Cox network problem. There are other people on this forum that are reporting the same issue. 

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Socal_doc

I've checked the signal levels going to the modem and there up to spec. For testing purposes, please bypass the router and hardwired a device directly to the modem after rebooting it just to see if you stay connected.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator