jucimo
New Contributor
4 years ago

internet speeds

im not getting the 300 Mbps speeds i pay for. more like 60 on a good day

27 Replies

Coxisgarbage
    New Contributor III

I pay for 150 down, only get MAYBE 30mbps with constantly high latency and connection time outs. File a complaint with the FCC, if enough people do this we can hopefully get resolution. 

MaryF
    Former Moderator
    Hi Jucimo,

We checked your modem and it's currently reporting signals that are not in the acceptable range. Please ensure that all your connections are tight and secure. If there's a splitter, please try bypassing it to see if it improves your speeds.

Mary
    Cox Support Forums Moderator
    hero
    New Contributor II

Same here - paying for the gig & getting even less!.....2.9 download & 1.1upload and yes, before i get asked i have tried turning off, resetting modem, remove devices etc - all of that has been done.

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Hero

I've checked the area and not showing any issue the would be affecting the service. The modem signal levels aren't up to spec. Please unplug the power cord and reset the coax ends as Mary mentioned if there's a splitter try and bypass it. Once connected back run another speed test bypassing the router and hardwiring a device directly to the modem.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator
        hero
        New Contributor II

Done all that before, numerous times

DanniAck
    New Contributor

Same issues - they tell me the signal is fine.  Now it's dropping connection constantly!
    Says I have to have a tech out... AGAIN potentially going to charge me $75 for that unless I pay for their protection plan!

socal_doc
    New Contributor

My speeds have reduced to half of what they normally were pre-quarantine/stay at home. I pay for 150mbs and have been getting 50-60. I do random speed tests and there are some rare occasions where it will get up to 100-110, other days it can go down to 20-30. I do tests on wifi and ethernet and get the same results. I have rebooted my router and modem on multiple occasions. I am chalking it up to more people at home in my neighborhood and Cox not being able to keep up with the demand. It don't think it is appropriate that I am paying the same amount for the half the speed. 

• I think Cox is engaged in fraud and is aware they are not providing the internet service we are paying for.  I'm in mission viejo, nothing but problems and a runaround.  

bearone2
    Contributor III

apartment or single family dwelling? your own equipment?

Shane1
    New Contributor

I have gigablast and get about 140 Mbps with there modem before I upgraded from the 150 Mbps I had 145 Mbps sometimes 155mbps with my modem they said won't work on gigabyte Mbps so I more than doubled my bill for slower service and payed 100 for a tech to show up and say I don't know what the problem is. Cox is the worst service out there

JonathanJ
      Former Moderator
      @Shane@cox sucks777534

Are you running a wire or wireless speed test? If wireless please run a hardwired test, also if you have another coax outlet you can also try that.

Jonathan J
      Cox Moderator