Forum Discussion

wendyleigh2
New Contributor
4 years ago

Waiting...and waiting...for Gigablast

Wondering if anyone else is having this problem.  I called about 6-7 weeks ago when my contract was up and we all started working from home and our internet kept dropping and kicking us out.  I was told hooking us up to Gigablast would solve the problem and it was available in my area BUT needed a technician to run it from the street to my house.  And no technicians available due to COVID.  But as soon as they could they would get to me.  I've called a few times and still get the same answer.  I have options in my area and can switch to ATT or Spectrum but they are slower; however, I'm getting very frustrated with Cox not even being able to give me a general idea of when they might be able to help.  Anyone else?

11 Replies

ChrisL
    Former Moderator
    Due to the challenges presented by this current pandemic technicians are not able to perform work requires inside customers' homes. Be sure to regularly check https://bit.ly/2TQvDPW for updates regarding our COVID-19 response plans.

-Chris
      wendyleigh2
      New Contributor

that's what I keep hearing, but I've had plumbers, appliance repairmen, exterminators, etc. in here all along.  Restaurants and salons are even open.  What are you waiting for?

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III
    was told hooking us up to Gigablast would solve the problem

How would a faster plan solve your dropping and kicking?  It seems Cox chose to oversell you rather than troubleshoot.

Have Cox fix your original problem before upgrading because you'll just be paying more for the same problem.

wendyleigh2
      New Contributor

It's actually not an upcharge.  In fact, when I drop the Homelife, which I never used, my bill will be lower.  I'm just tired of waiting for them to fix it.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Cheaper is good.  But you get my point of having a faulty connection.  Changing your data plan on the same faulty connection won't help.