Forum Discussion

MaxMASK
New Contributor
4 years ago

Cox support unresponsive during live chat, disrespectful

I've had two support people just blow me off while in talking to them, there's nothing wrong on my end, because I'm using data with over 100 GB of service, but somehow on their end I've had support just not respond at what seemed to be the most opportune moment.

6 Replies

Ale1998
    New Contributor

Same thing happened to me they just don’t care.  I’ve have the worst service ever and customer service 

CrystalS
      Former Moderator
      Hello Ale 1998, I'm sorry to hear that your experiences with the company have caused you to feel this way. We would definitely be able to assist you with this. Please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address with a link to this thread so we can get started. Crystal S., Cox Support Forum Moderator
      TucsonSam
      New Contributor

At the end of the day, 'vote with your wallet' - go elsewhere for service if its a viable option - if enough people do the same eventually they will notice. If you have no viable alternative provider(s) in your area make sure your government representation at all levels are frequently aware of your fervent dissatisfaction regarding cable monopolies.

• Hi MaxMASK. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with chat. If you need immediate assistance, please reach out to us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or email us at cox.help@cox.com. Provide us the name on the account with the complete service address.- Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
  • I just had the same issue. They just beat around the bush with the issue I was having and then gave me a little attitude when I was trying to tell her what she was having me do wasn’t going to help my issue. Also tried to sell me something else in the middle of talking for a “discount” but I already spend too much money with them and have all sorts of problems. 

TucsonSam
    New Contributor

In my limited experience so far with Cox I have found the Live Chat to be the worst option (apparent off-shore resource with less than optimal communications skills). Email (cox.help@cox.com) has been better since you can share all the details of your issue as you see them. Phone has been 'okay.' Snail mail is probably the best (albeit for non-time critical issues), especially if/when you start to Cc relevant regulators and C-level execs from Cox corporate. Always best to stay even-toned, state your problem, and most importantly, state your (reasonable) expectations for how you see the issue being resolved (e.g. "I expect my internet service to be fully functional as per my contract within the next five business days, a $25 serv.ice credit for outages to date, and an additional $10/day credit for each day after the aforementioned five days where this issue is still not resolved.")