Forum Discussion

TheZodiac
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Solution to Cox Port Forwarding!

The solution is there is no solution. As of Fri., May 22, 2020, Cox has removed Port Forwarding from their Panoramic routers and apparently have placed it on wifi.cox.com. The thing is there is absolutely NOWHERE on that site, under your account where Port Forwarding exists. Download the app? It's the exact same thing. It's 100% removed.

Want to discuss it with Cox? Guess what? You have to PAY $10.00/mo just to have the discussion.

So to recap: Cox removes a perfectly-working feature and doesn't put it on the site it says to visit to operate it. Want to go further? You have to pay money to them just for the discussion.

The Solution: Buy your own router where you'll have 100% control over your own settings without big brother monitoring your every move and telling you what you can and can't do.

• Hi TheZodiac. When you log into www.cox.com/mywifi, select Network at the top, then select Gateway, then select scroll to the bottom and under More, select Advanced Settings, and then select Port Forwarding. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator

3 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
  • Hi TheZodiac. When you log into www.cox.com/mywifi, select Network at the top, then select Gateway, then select scroll to the bottom and under More, select Advanced Settings, and then select Port Forwarding. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
      TheZodiac
      New Contributor

I digress. Looks like there was another update because now, THIS method works! Thanks!
      ...though, I still don't like editing my ports in Cox's cloud and through their routers...

LV_Jed67
      New Contributor

I believe I'm having the same issue as others here, but this particular solution doesn't seem to be working for me.  Do I need to reboot my router, security system, etc to make this go into effect?  Or does it happen immediately?