Forum Discussion

falc
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Look at all these locked threads

Hilarious. File a complaint with the FCC. Provide ping plotter examples. The problem is upstream bandwidth and Cox needs to acknowledge it. My node has 500 modems on it and they don't plan to split it until July. Unacceptable to sell 500 connections on a 1.2G shared bandwidth circuit. Cox knew what they were doing and they still did it. The pandemic isn't an excuse as this has been happening to some of us for a very long time. 

Locking threads and giving people troubleshooting steps that include power cycling is just insulting to your customer base. We are here because we've done everything we can to prove out our home networks, we've had techs out who proved out the lines. It's obvious to anyone the problem is the Cox network and oversaturated nodes running on 30 year old coax. 

9 Replies

Alef_Meem
    New Contributor III

It'd be nice if they could fix the issue at hand as fast as their thread locking abilities!

EricB
      Contributor

The problem originated not because of stay at home orders, but the day they upgraded slower packages to 50Mb.  Which was a planned upgrade this summer, also coinciding with the timeline scheduled for many of the node splits.

So in theory there is a very simple solution, limit gigablast to 300, or 500 for the time being, provide a discount to gigablast subscribers for the inconvenience, and all the nodes having issues will see improvement.   Getting slower speeds, but everyone having functioning internet for VOIP, Working at home, and even gaming... Would be much better than everyone essentially ddosing the network trying to use the internet

falc
        New Contributor III

They need to limit upstream. Limit gigablast to 300-500down/15 up and give them a discount. Put everyone else at 10 up. Downstream is not great but at least stream buffering works enough for 720p or 1080p mostly. It's anything with upload - gaming, VOIP, video conferencing that grinds to a halt and is unusable.

women-tiger
    New Contributor III

Yeah , Becky forum moderator seems to be working real fast at locking the complaint forum about their packet loss issue. She kept posting the same useless link. I finally had enough of their incompetency so I filed complaint with FCC on April 2nd. Funny , I got a called from cox rep left me message about FCC. Perhaps they fixed the issue because when I play online games today I didn't experience any lag issue.

EricB
      Contributor

You must have played at the perfect time!! people across 18states with Cox as their ISP are still having issues.  Hit up the BBB, Attorney General, Senators, and Congressmen.  Cox must be held accountable for their  failures at the time the US needs them the most....

women-tiger
        New Contributor III

Yeah , I'm gonna try it again today thru out the day and see if they fixed the issue or if it was my lucky timing. But yesterday I played online game from 4 -8 pm. Didn't get any ping spike or lag issue. Best of luck to you.