Forum Discussion

SD_Customer
New Contributor
5 years ago

San Diego internet outage since 11:20 am this morning. It;s 4:00pm now, and still no update. When will it be back? This is ridiculous.

The internet went out in my area this morning at 11:20am.  Cox rep said it would be back on soon, and it is now 4:00pm.  Still no update.  All of us trying to work from home. This is ridiculous. 

How will we be compensated when it finally comes back?

2 Replies

hzla
    New Contributor II

There's been continuous outages springing up all over southern California for the past week. Any repair estimations you may see on your account dashboard are likely misleading and will auto adjust to a later time estimate, or the time estimate will simply disappear entirely. 

I would prepare for upwards of a week of lost/degraded service. There will be no compensation unless you proactively contact support. The most you will receive is a prorated reduction in your next bill based on how long the outage lasts, and if it's actually important enough to merit compensation.

p_pham
    New Contributor III

just report it to the FCC.  these guys at the top (managers/supervisors) are vultures.  they need a push from outside force to make them spit out the truth and compensate for our hard earn money.  we pay a hefty price for a service and when that service cannot be delivered then we, as customers, should be compensated.  Those who do not complain or seek out the problem with them are just getting their money eaten up by these vultures.  I am getting 10 Mbps most of the time when I pay for 150Mbps.  Can't even work from home or do anything else when it fluctuates like that.

FCC link:  https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us?return_to=%2Fhc%2Frequests