Forum Discussion

AmandaJL
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Cannot send email while connected to alternate ISP

I have a primary home in Elkhorn Nebraska.  I have Cox internet.  I use a MS Outlook for MAC and have no problems with sending/receiving emails.  

I have a secondary home in Plattsmouth Nebraska where the service provider is Spiral Communications.  While connected to wifi through spiral, I cannot send emails.  I can only receive.  I cannot send from my phone either.  My husband uses MS Outlook for MAC but has a Gmail account.  He has no problems at all at our secondary location.  

I have had this problem for a while now.  I have been turning on my iPhone hotspot to connect to it so I can send.  I have called many times and have gotten no resolution.  Spiral says it's Cox.  Cox says it's Spiral.  I'm getting nowhere.  Spiral suggested that the IP I'm connected to while at secondary home may be blocked since Cox is not in this area.  I just need someone higher up to assist me.  I am a former email administrator and I understand all the basic troubleshooting and have done that over and over.  Please advise!

Here is what outlook reports when I try to send

cxr-obgw-5001a.stratus.cloudmark.com cmsmtp Connection Rejected - see www.spamhaus.org/.../162.253.233.226 AUP#IPBL00001

I've gotten similar variations of this error each time I try.

Please help!!

Amanda

• Thanks to you both for your help.  I was able to get the host ip removed from the list and now I can send!! Yay, finally a happy ending.  

4 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    AmandaJL
    New Contributor II

Thanks to you both for your help.  I was able to get the host ip removed from the list and now I can send!! Yay, finally a happy ending.  

bearone2
    Contributor III

you need connect to the different isp's smtp server. almost as easy to use webmail.

AmandaJL
      New Contributor II

Ya, I could use webmail and be done with it, but still.  I will use webmail in the interim.  Thanks

bearone2
        Contributor III

i have the same issue when i travel to our vacation home, with comcast the provider, no problem getting emails.

my pc is setup pop3 but laptops + cell phones imap, so i delete what i want when traveling & get what i want when i get home.

cox webmail is a pita, can't send to more than 5 at a time.