Forum Discussion

Glenee
Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Low upload speeds in afternoon and evenings

I am seeing a pattern in my service. Everything is fine until 4pm till about 10pm and then the upload speeds go to a crawl .9-2.2 and I have Gig service. The rest of the time it will test out at about 30-36 upload. Down load is fine it is just the upload.

• Hi Glenee, some of your modem levels appear to be outside of our preferred specifications, which could be the reason why you're experiencing connectivity issues. Can you please make sure the coaxial cable is not damaged, bent, or loose? If issues persist, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

11 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    Glenee
    Contributor II

Could be just overload and that's fine if that's what it is. Just wanted to know if something else is going on.

Glenee
    Contributor II

It is cox. I have been keeping a close Eye on all things every 2-4 hours for the last week from about 6am till 7pm each day, and they just don't have the backbone to keep up. I have been running all kinds of test, Direct to modem and thru Netgear Orbi (wireless) and it's them no question. It will all get better, but they need to add some equipment in the worst way.

Glenee
    Contributor II

I just needed to get some Data proof from the test's before passing judgement.

KevinM2
      Former Moderator
      Hi Glenee, some of your modem levels appear to be outside of our preferred specifications, which could be the reason why you're experiencing connectivity issues. Can you please make sure the coaxial cable is not damaged, bent, or loose? If issues persist, please include a link to this forum thread and email us at cox.help@cox.com. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
        Glenee
        Contributor II

Kevin, I don't know how your keeping up, but from what I can see your doing your doing a *** good job of it. The only coaxail connections I can check is from the wall  plate to the modem and they all look real good. Why would this help 1pm to 10pm and then be good from 5am till 1pm ? I don't understand how time of day can effect connections.

csherm12
    New Contributor II

Same. Love how their ** tests say "GrEat connection!" just because the d/l is decent...

Hey Cox morons: d/l dont mean jack without an u/l of at least 40%.

<--- 145down and .07 up here, lmao.

csherm12
    New Contributor II

Same. Love how their ** tests say "GrEat connection!" just because the d/l is decent...

Hey morons: d/l dont mean jack without an u/l of at least 40%.

<--- 145down and .07 up here, lmao.