Forum Discussion

yolesnoobs
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Packet loss/High latency

Some background info: I've had at least 10 tech visits already confirming the signals inside my house is perfect. The router is fine, the modem is fine, yet I get random lag spikes and packet loss even during off-peak hours like 3 AM on a weekday. 

A few weeks ago, a Cox tech monitored my network over the course of a week for packet loss. He said he found nothing wrong. If nothing is wrong on Cox's side or my side then where on earth is this lag coming from? This has been going on for way too long now and I feel like the tech did not check the outside lines properly. Surely there is some high tier support than can help me?

7 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, I am detecting some signal issues with the modem, though no packet loss currently. Are you a gamer? If so, does this only occur while gaming, and are you experiencing these issues on WiFi or on a hard-wired connection? -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      yolesnoobs
      New Contributor III

Yes I am a gamer using a hard-wired connection. This occurs at all times even when not gaming. I run ping tests to google and notice ping spiking wildly.

Saxworld
        New Contributor III

The same issue has been happening to me too. Xuboji what game are you experiencing this in. Personally I believed the issue was in Fortnite, the game I play the most, however the issue persisted in games to the likes COD Modern Warfare and CSGO with both suffering from high ping and packet loss.