Forum Discussion

mikerbagley
New Contributor
5 years ago

Will Moca work or whats my options?

Hello

I currently have Cox internet with speeds of 300+, I see they have gigablast now for the same price I am paying for cable internet. I have their panoramic wifi modem and I am running moca due to where my office is upstairs its the best option I had found at the time. I go straight out their modem the cable then in my office from the wall to a MOTOROLA MOCA Adapter for Ethernet Over Coax, 1,000 Mbps Bonded 2.0 MoCA (Model MM1000) then to my PC. I can't find anywhere is Cox gigablast modem they rent you allows moca as my current one does, or will I need to buy another adapter or will it not work at all and I should just stick with what I have otherwise won't have internet in my office.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Mikerbagley, it all depends on the type of Panoramic Gateway you are using. Since you mentioned MoCA, you are probably using the extenders that are compatible with our older Panoramic WiFi models (DOCSIS 3.0). Our newer models are compatible with Gigablast speeds, as they are DOCSIS 3.1 modems. The newer models include access to the Panoramic WiFi app, allowing you full control over your in-home network.

www.cox.com/.../panoramic-wifi-app.html

They also utilize band steering, and here is some additional information:

www.cox.com/.../benefits-of-one-home-network-wifi-name-and-password.html

If you need extenders for the new Panoramic WiFi, we do offer Panoramic WiFi pods, which is essentially a mesh network. There is a one-time purchase of $129.99, and it includes three separate WiFi pods (no rental fee for the pods).

www.cox.com/.../panoramic-wifi-pods.html

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator