Forum Discussion

quarinteen
New Contributor
5 years ago

Cox just added to my list of rip off businesses

I have had cox internet for 15 months now and I received an email the other day there were special discounts on Internet I could revive. I clinked on the link in the email and it presented me with my current plan and the choice of 3 other plans. I signed up for unlimited data usage which for one used to be included but now they charge for it of course. I also thought I had a mid grade package of 30 down 3 up.

I do speed tests frequently because I work from home and I work in IT and I always get about the same around 30 down and 3 up. Which I thought I was paying for. It looks like though I had the 150 down and 10 up package. So I’ve been paying $30 bucks extra for the 150 down but only been getting the 30 down. So I called in to cox sales and brought this up. I wanted to make sure it wasn’t my modem restricting me from getting the speeds I pay for. Well the modem is fine and my devices are fine. So I have been paying an extra $30 for 150 for 15 months which come out to $450.00 worth of Internet I have not been getting. 

they didn’t give a *** and offered me $10.00 off my next bill? Wtf is this a joke? Really I over pay 450.00 and you offer me 10 bucks off my next bill? What bs it’s time to switch to gig fiver from century link for half the cost 

1 Reply

• Hello. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator