Forum Discussion

LUPILLO1313
New Contributor
5 years ago

I upgraded to Gigablast only getting 200mbps on 5g and wired.

Is anyone else not getting the speeds promised by cox? I'm very disappointed. I'm only getting UP TO 200MBPS WIRED. Cox how can his be fixed???!!

15 Replies

Bruce
    Honored Contributor III

What equipment does everyone have:  separate modem and router...all-in-one modem/router...make(s) and model(s)?

coco14
      New Contributor

I use a Netgear CM1000, on the approved list, with a Netgear AC1900 R7000 router hardwired to my Desktop and see the same speeds.  I've contacted support to see if I can get a technician to come to my house and check the speeds up to the wall so I can see if it's my equipment or something else, but that requires $10 a month "advanced care" since I don't use their equipment. I bought my own so I don't have to fleace equipment from you, so you want me to pay you anyway to come and check the connection to my wall? Mind Boggling.

Bruce
        Honored Contributor III

Your hard-wired desktop is getting ~200 Mbps?  What's your data plan?  How many other devices are connected to the router...wired and wireless?

Remember, a router divide time among all devices...unless you tinker with its priority device settings.

LUPILLO1313
      New Contributor

CENTURYLINK ** EVEN WORSE!! I dont have anyone else to switch!

boo51
      New Contributor

It’s a sham.  I get 20 mgb and pay for 300.  If I call I know they’ll have me reset my router until I get frustrated and hang up

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @Boo51, are you experiencing slow speeds on a hard-wired connection or are on WiFi? If you're experiencing this issue on WiFi, can you please hard-wire a laptop or PC directly to the modem and provide speed test results for us? We suggest using the Cox Internet Speed Tool, http://bit.ly/2VsdGbX. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
    CMT
    New Contributor

I'm paying for Gigablast (1000mbps) and I can't get above 10mbps when I've used several speed test sites.  Tomorrow I'm trying disconnecting everything and hard-wiring the one PC, but I doubt that's going to raise it TEN times average.  If Cox is advertising this, maybe there should be a class action site.  Unfortunately, my only other choice is CenturyLink.  Plus people/companies are sending me e-mails with PDFs for tickets, etc. and I'm not getting them when I put in my Cox e-mail address.

Allan
      @CMT, What speeds are you currently getting? Are you getting these speeds on multiple devices in the home or just one? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
        CMT
        New Contributor

Multiple devices.  I have my personal laptop hard-wired and can only get 10mpbs for download.  And the NIC is set to 100Full.  My wireless is disabled on the device.  My wife's iPad can get up to around 300mbps.  My work laptop can do about 400mbps.  The laptop downstairs can do 54mbps, but it only has a G NIC so that would be correct.  I can get NO where near 1000mbps on any device.

jrhwr
    New Contributor

Straight to the point, I have an Asus RT-AC68U and it has a hardware acceleration (NAT Acceleration) option I can control based on my downstream. If I'm paying for more than 200, I can turn it on but it effects some things like timing on Parental Controls and whatnot. When I had 300 before I left Cox, it was on and I got the down I paid for. This is an advanced suggestion and you'll have to to research on your equipment to see if this is your issue.