Forum Discussion

Kramer
New Contributor
5 years ago

Seasonal / Vacation Mode

I'm a seasonal resident of Arizona, out here for six months of the year. Last spring when I left, I called COX to put my account on seasonal mode. I was first quoted $39.99 per month then found out my neighbor who has the exact same service was only paying $12.99 so I called COX and they said they would give me the $12.99 price. For the next three months they billed me the higher amount of $39.99. Each month I called to complain and they claimed that is the standard fee for seasonal hold and that NOBODY would ever get $12.99. I even escalated this to a manager who claimed the same. So I cancelled my service and paid $166.59 early cancellation fee and was done with them until I returned.

Last week, I was telling my friend, who is a seasonal resident also, about the whole ordeal  and she said they only pay $9.99 per month for the same seasonal service, and she sent me a copy of her bill and yep, they only pay $9.99 per month for seasonal hold. What gives with COX charging everyone a different rate for seasonal hold, isn't this illegal?  I'm using COX again for internet only as they are the only real option in the South Valley and I made the move to YouTubeTV and love it. We'll see what they try to charge me when I leave in May of 2020, I did not sign a contract this time and won't ever sign one again.

1 Reply

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hi Kramer, this post has been locked. The purpose of the Cox Internet Forum is to allow customers to discuss technical topics related to residential Cox High-Speed Internet services with other customers. If you need help with billing or other account-specific issues, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com.

We sincerely apologize for the poor and unfavorable experience you're having with our company. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator