Forum Discussion

BB_User
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Cannot visit my own website on Cox wifi

I own a website (www.byclue.com) which promotes nutritional knowledge and products. It is hosted by SiteGround. Right after Thanksgiving, I can no longer open the webpage on my home Cox wifi (I can visit other website like google, Yahoo, etc). I tried all devices (PC, iPhone) and none of them worked. The other Cox users in my area cannot open it either. However, if I switch to other ISP (AT&T, Comcast), I can open it with no problem. 

I contacted Cox customer service multiple times this week through Chat and phone. Since it is not a Connectivity issue, they blame it to my hosting company. My hosting company double and triple checked everything in their end and see no issues. I asked Cox to have a senior technical person to talk to me, or at least create a ticket , or do some test to help me diagnosis the underlying reason, but Cox refused to do so. As a loyal customer for about 10 years, needless to say, I am extremely disappointed. 

Today, after some research, I found a way to get around this problem in my home wifi: changing the DNS to google public 8.8.8.8. Once I changed it on my PC and iPhone, I can open the webpage! Unfortunately, other Cox subscribers still cannot open it, which is a big problem for my business.

Why this problem is not happening with other ISP? Is Cox hiding something? How to resolve this issue permanently? 

BB_User
    5 years ago

The error message is "This site can’t be reached. www.byclue.com’s server IP address could not be found." I have a residential account.

10 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion
    JonathanJ
    Former Moderator
    @BB User

What error messages are you and others receiving when trying to access? Also, do you have a residential or business account?

Jonathan J
    Cox Moderator
      BB_User
      New Contributor II

The error message is "This site can’t be reached. www.byclue.com’s server IP address could not be found." I have a residential account.

BB_User
      New Contributor II

Jonathan:

The fact that I cannot visit my own webpage is putting me on the verge of discontinuing Cox service. Meanwhile, sadly, Cox simply blames it to my web hosting company and refuses to provide any more details for my hosting company to fix it, regardless of the fact that other ISP subscribers can visit my website with no problem.

Gary

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        @BB User, you may have to reach out to your web hosting company again. I checked your website in MXToolBox, and came across some additional information regarding your website.

mxtoolbox.com/.../

In the meantime, I have also escalated this case on your behalf. When we receive additional information, we will follow up with you. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator