Forum Discussion

jb2019
New Contributor III
5 years ago

Daily Intermittent Connection Loss - Louisiana

My internet connection randomly losses internet connection several times throughout the day. Both the wired and wireless internet drops; the connection to the router is still active, but it just says "No internet connection". Similar issues to these threads, all that don't seem answered: 

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/2164/wifi-devices-losing-connection/8538

https://forums.cox.com/forum_home/internet_forum/f/internet-forum/20861/intermittent-outages---louisiana

I currently have Gigablast, but the internet connection loss also happened when I had 150gbps download speed. 

I had a tech replace my original new Panoramic router/modem for a new one, same issue. 

The bandaid fix is to unplug the Panoramic router/modem, but I can't keep doing this several times a day. 

Cox support has been zero help in the past year I've experienced the issue. When I call or chat with the Cox support, they tell me everything looks fine if there end, and to unplug the Panoramic modem/router and plug it back in. When I tell them that doesn't solve the issue long term or even later that day, they say a tech needs to come out. When a tech comes out, they say there is nothing they can do. An endless cycle i've been in for months. Past two times the field techs have just been skipping the appointment times all together as no shows. 

I believe there is an infrastructure issue in the lines outside my house. Is there thing I can do the get Cox to help? Thanks for any advice. 

13 Replies

web45
    New Contributor

I have the same problem.  Each time I call they reset the modem and lose the chat so I can't get them to schedule an appointment.  Someone ran a new wire to the "box" 2 weeks ago and said to call if it continues and they would monitor the "box"  I can't seem to get anyone on the phone or in a chat that will do that.  They want to keep resetting.  It is continuous with the dropping internet and it goes out for several minutes to a couple hours at random.  I'm in St. Charles Parish.

BrianM
      Web45,

I am seeing the same issues on your modem history and actually looks to be offline currently. If you would like to setup a service call as well, please send us an email with your home address and a link to this thread to cox.help@cox.com

Brian
      Cox Support Forum Moderator
      jb2019
      New Contributor III

Any fix or update to your daily issue? Looking for advice on my similar issue

• I am seeing quite a few intermittent t3 timeouts on your modem history. If you have already checked the cable connection and bypassed any possible splitters we will likely need to have a technician out to the home to investigate further. If you would like to setup a service call, you can email us at cox.help@com with your home address and a link to this thread.

Brian
    Cox Support Forum Moderator

jb2019
      New Contributor III

Hi @BrianM, Support Team,

Thanks for the reply. As I've mentioned in my post, I have had tech support out before, and more recent scheduled appoints were completely skipped/no shows by Cox field technicians. Twice in a row: one scheduled for 11/27/2019 from 3-5pm was a no show and then 11/29/2019 10-11am was also a no show. 

The previous field tech's who came out prior to those no shows, assured me there is nothing they had the ability to do to fix the issue. Is there a special service call I can schedule where they can help and will actually show up? 

Allan
        @Jb2019. I can certainly understand your concern with this ongoing issue. Time out errors are issues with the signal or an equipment issue that will need to be addressed by a onsite tech. Please send us a an email to cox.help@cox.com so we can help schedule the appointment. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
    rfdevil
    New Contributor II

Can you post your downstream and upstream signal power levels as reported by the modem? It should say in the modem manual how to use a web browser to check these.

• JB I don't know if anyone from Cox tried addressing this first but have you considered that it might be your NIC[network interface card] with whatever device you're using? This to me [especially since you've had cox equipment replaced and the issue continues] sounds like it might be the NIC in your device/interference or both.

jb2019
      New Contributor III

Thanks for that follow up insight. It's not my Devices(several wired and wireless), it's the entire connection. All my devices loose connection at the same time, not just my computer. 

I finally got two good technicians out after complaining so much to Cox, who actually did a deep dive analysis on my internet. They confirmed there are in fact issues with the feeder line to my building(not the drop line to my house). They also did find the higher than ideal power levels that they said is an overall local infrastructure issue. The techs said they don't fix any of that, but they did assure me they put in a work order for the construction team to come out and fix the feeder line and to further investigate the power levels on my street. While it's still not fixed, this is the most promising interaction... and Cox finally admitted there is nothing I can do to fix this- it's all on their end.