Forum Discussion

ELpolacko
New Contributor II
5 years ago

Daily restarts at the same time

Every day at 5:19 am, my Arris TG1682G restarts itself. 

I have attempted tech support, where they just check for outages. 

I have downloaded the WiFi app, searched and found no help there, no settings that control such an event. 

I have logged into the modem's interface and looked for any type of settings to change the time it resets or to disable this feature completely. 

8 Replies

• Hello. The modem is reporting some poor signals at this time. Are there any splitters or signal amps on the cable line that is going to the modem? -Allan Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      ELpolacko
      New Contributor II

There is a splitter supplied by COX between the modem and cable tv box. That's all I am aware of

ELpolacko
    New Contributor II

Just back online this morning, I unpluged and replugged the modem yesterday at 6 am. This morning, the modem reset at 5:23 am. 

bearone2
      Contributor III

mine resets everyday between 2-6, i see "boot" several times when i'm up/heading for the gym.

ELpolacko
    New Contributor II

Sunday, I was away so I have no idea if it reset. Fresh Monday Morning, back to the 5:19 reset time. 

ELpolacko
    New Contributor II

I honestly dont think this is a signal issue. The tech replaced a filter outside my home, said signals are good now, and the modem still reset this morning. 

Unless COX is cutting the signal in my area every day at the same time causing the router to reset. This seems to be  an issue with the modem, not the signal. 

ELpolacko
        New Contributor II

I read your post about COX throttling, I believe that may have been the case for me also. I had the one reset, and now my modem is up for two days straight now.