Forum Discussion

Jaloww
New Contributor II
5 years ago
Solved

Download speed fine. Poor/intermittent upload speed.

Hi,

Recently I've been experiencing issues with my upload speed. The download speed is fine. Sometimes when I run the cox recommended speed test, I'll have around 8Mbps upload, and 30 seconds later I'll get 2-3Mbps upload. I'm currently on Preferred 150/10. Definitely seeing more 2-3Mbps upload test results than anything close to 10, sometimes I've even gotten 0 back.

Done the whole basic troubleshooting with multiple support representatives and boy does that get old. Yes I know how to reset. Yes I know to bypass the router. No I haven't changed any set up on my end, but somehow I'm experiencing terrible upload speeds and intermittent drops.

I have an sb6183 arris modem, wrt1900ac router, upstream and downstream status look okay to me, so I'm assuming something has to be the issue from the connection to my house to the cox node, or somewhere along the way. Half the cable is new to the modem.

Was told I can't have a technician come out and take a look because I'm not renting a cox modem - really?!

Really baffled on this one, and could use some help. Most recent speed test and modem status linked.

speed test

modem status

Thanks!

• Just to give some semi-closure to this, I've still been having the upload issues with Cox. Unfortunately I really need a consistent upload, so I had CenturyLink come out and wire me up so I could test both services in parallel. So far, the CL service has performed very close to the advertised speeds and I haven't had any upload problems whatsoever. Meanwhile the Cox upload is still bouncing all around the place. Such a shame, been with Cox for a long time now but it looks like I'm going to make the switch to the service that works. Here's the latest snip of the Cox upload speed jumping all around. 

I've found testmy.net upload test to be very helpful as a sustained upload test just FYI for everyone. Choose the upload test at the top and I do a manual size that's larger to see the consistency.

https://imgur.com/jXuxdH5

50 Replies

Replies have been turned off for this discussion