Forum Discussion

bigmacva
New Contributor
5 years ago

email limits on outgoing mail

I have been sending 30-40 emails to members in my golf association. I just received an error and after spending hours on the phone I finally was told Cox changed the limits to 10 emails per outgoing mail! Why were we not notified of this change?

I have read many other people experiencing the same issue. I pay alot of money to Cox, I have been a customer for over 40 years. No benefit is being a long time customer. Sounds like it is time to switch to another provider.

All of my group members that use Cox will now have to change from cox email since they will also not be able to communicate with all members with sending 5 separate emails.

I understand the spam issue, there should be a provision fro legitimate groups. Time to consider the needs of your customers and not just keep cutting things!

5 Replies

bearone2
    Contributor III

switch to outlook/outlook.com & use your cox email address.

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    Hello, to ensure the safety and security of customer privacy information, and to prevent customers from receiving malicious emails, Cox has implemented anti-spam features. Here is some additional information about the Cox spam features:

www.cox.com/.../coxmail-spam-features.html

Our Cox Business customers do have the ability to engage in mass mailings. Mass mailings are opt-in mailings and can be sent to more than 150 users, by either a Cox customer or their third-party partner.

www.cox.com/.../mass-mailing-policies-and-requests.html

-Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      Taffeys
      New Contributor III

Hello Kevin. The CoxMail Spam Features page you linked to is incorrect/out of date. The current options are:

If an incoming message may be Spam:

* No Spam filtering
      * Automatically deliver to Spam folder
      * Delete Spam messages without delivering to Inbox

KevinM2
        Former Moderator
        Hi Rick, I apologize for the misinformation. That first link l initially provided is exclusively for Cox Business customers. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator