Forum Discussion

ABCDEFG
New Contributor
5 years ago

SUGGESTION: Speed Checker

1. i would suggest Cox implement a speed tester on the app that allows us to send in our low speeds to support and for feedback. I can’t count how many times I use a speed checker and it shows my speed as half of what I’m paying for. It’s getting to be pretty frustrating as their only suggestion is to get a new modem, when mine is barely a few years old, and not about how they’re not providing the service I’m paying $85 for. 

10 Replies

BassetMom
    New Contributor II

Agreed! thank you for taking the time to explain this!!

I work from home and this is absolutely RIDICULOUS FOR THE AMOUNT I PAY!!

• @ABCDEFG, Thanks for the suggestion. We do have a speed test option on our website at cox.com. If you login, it will record your results and we can see them from our side. Also, your modem is currently reporting multiple time out errors. Are there any signal amps or splitters on the cable line going to the modem? -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.
      ekhawaii
      Contributor

Allan..".If you login, it will record your results and we can see them from our side."  Are you implying that if you run the speedtest from within the Cox.com login, that my speed results are sent to COX?  I've been running it from outside.  Does COX really review this data?  I ran a test from inside and did not see any changes or an expanded explanation.

Also, does the "inside" version make any comparisons to other users that either go to the same server or to others.  That would be GREAT.  I do not see any words on the site, that expands this comment of yours.

LisaH
        Hi Ekhawaii. The "inside" version does log your speed test for troubleshooting purposes as it only uses Cox servers to test with. It doesn't make any comparisons as it is just a troubleshooting tool used. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
    bearone2
    Contributor III

ookla:

paying for 300/30:

your own modem or router?

11/14/2019
    11:37
    < 50
    Phoenix, AZ
    Cox - Phoenix
    Cox

cox:

PING

ms

JITTER

ms

DOWNLOAD

Mbps

UPLOAD

Mbps

Cox - Phoenix

Phoenix, AZ

Cox

Zurq
      Contributor II

same issue here, im in contact with cox atm, a guy is investigatiing my problem im supposed to get 10 and im getting 2-5mbps on my upload, im hoping it gets fixed, I had to contact them about 7 times to get help, but im hoping this guy can fix this for me its very frustrating.

LatitiaS
        Hi Zurq,

We received an update from our Field Team concerning your issue. It looks like we need to secure a follow up appointment. Please send us an email with your preferred date, time frame and contact number to cox.help@cox.com. We look forward to hearing from you soon. -Latitia