Forum Discussion

chmod777
New Contributor III
5 years ago
Solved

SB6183 stuck in reboot loop trying to update firwmare

I used the reboot modem tool on the Cox site and since then my modem has been stuck in an infinite reboot loop trying to perform a firmware update - I see "SW Download INIT - Via NMS" in the Event Log and it reboots over and over and over and over every few minutes. The modem currently has firmware D30CM-OSPREY-2.4.0.1-GA-02-NOSH.

Any ideas/help?

This is in CA / South Orange County region.

• @chmod777, are you still experiencing issues with the modem? I am able to view your signal levels at this time. If this persists, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com, to resolve the issue. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator

4 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @chmod777, are you still experiencing issues with the modem? I am able to view your signal levels at this time. If this persists, please reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com, to resolve the issue. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      chmod777
      New Contributor III

Nope, after several hours of the failed update and reboot loop, it stopped and all back to normal for now. Thanks.

Allan
        @Chmod777, We are glad to hear that everything is back up and running. Please let us know if you have any additional issues with the internet service. -Allan, Cox Support Forums Moderator.