Forum Discussion

sevink
New Contributor
5 years ago

Internet goes down every day around same times

For the past month, I've been seeing my internet go down once a day between the times of 330-630. It always happens almost to the minute at :30 but the hours can change daily. The service and speed is 100% normal, and its like my modem has been reset from the source or something. I've contacted cox and all they asked me to do was reset modem (which I've done) and rest my internet connection which I've done multiple times. Why does my connection drop once a day, and almost like clockwork? Its really starting to get annoying. 

6 Replies

KevinM2
    Former Moderator
    @Sevink, we apologize for the service issues taking place, and our records indicate you currently live in an area that is experiencing intermittent network issues. We have a maintenance team in the area working to upgrade the network infrastructure. When this work is completed, please don't hesitate to reach us on Twitter at @CoxHelp, visit us on Facebook, or at cox.help@cox.com, if the issues are still present. -Kevin M. Cox Support Forum Moderator
      sevink
      New Contributor

Ok so can you explain when these outages are going to end? Ive had internet problems for over a month now and its only getting worse. Now im dropping 3 to 4 times a day without warning and its just becoming insane the answer is "outages"  like come on 

JonathanJ
        Former Moderator
        @Sevink

You definitely deserve reliability, and I am truly sorry we've let you down As Kevin mentions prior we are working to update the network to provide a more improved experience. Currently, we don't have an ETR, services may be intermittent while technicians continue to work thanks for your patience.

Jonathan J
        Cox Moderator
    Handball
    New Contributor II

I feel like I’m living your same life as far as internet. As I type, the internet is down AGAIN. I really wish these outages could be corrected instead of temporarily. My old service never had these issues.

LisaH
      Hi Handball. I totally understand how frustrating it is when your service keeps going out. If you need help or have any questions, please contact us via email at cox.help@cox.com and include your complete address and name on the account. - Lisa, Cox Support Forums Moderator
        Handball
        New Contributor II

I sent in an email and was told everything is fine with my service. That’s very hard to believe considering the internet in my house goes out multiple times a day up to 8 times a day. And all I get told is it’s a temporary outage. That temporary outage has been going on for well over a month. That seems ridiculous.